X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• {The List-} Regional and City Menu Ideas

Introduction

A big part of playing Civ games has always been the city screen. This is traditionally where you set production for your cities. Where you check on a city's status, etc. What could we envision for Civ IV? Perhaps new features. New ways to make cities interact with the rest of the game. Perhaps divide the nation into regions, each with their own screen. Post your ideas here

Thanks! -List Threadmaster Asmodean

Summary

FILL IN

The Ideas

FILL IN

Conclusion

FILL IN

Respectfully Compiled- Asmodean
    With special thanks to:
    Last edited by Asmodean; December 15, 2003, 19:05.
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Is this menus and Regions or just menus?
    cIV list: cheats
    Now watch this drive!

Comment

Have a big screen with everything a city is building and have the option to copy and paste build orders.

Comment

FROM THE SPANISH COMMUNITY LIST

29) Make a distinction among city names, those which are landlocked and those with access to the sea.

In other words, there would be two lists, one for landlocked cities and another for coastal cities, when you build a city on the coast, their names are from the second list, and if you build a city which has no access to sea the names are taken from the first list.
        «… Santander, al marchar te diré, guarda mi corazón, que por él volveré ». // Awarded with the Silver Fleece Medal SEP/OCT 2003 by "The Spanish Civilization Site" Spanish Heroes: "Blas de Lezo Bio" "Luis Vicente de Velasco Bio" "Andrés de Urdaneta Bio" "Don Juan de Austria Bio"

Comment

This is not an idea about adding new features but it's about city screen. How about linking city screens background (something like Civ3 uses) with culture groups, like it was done for city graphics on map in Civ2 + Civ3? This way viewing in cities will be different for different culture groups (for different Civ4-games or simply in one game during espionage/building embassy). It adds a little more atmosphere.
          Arne · Das Civilization Forum

Comment

Since Asmodean's gone, someone might need to take over this thread, but in the mean time- this thread seems to fit under City Menu Jurisdiction:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=112988 Recommend City Pollution Managers... IronMan
            -->Visit CGN!
            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

i am sure this has been addressed elsewhere, but it is relevant to this topic as well. i like the idea of being able to subdivide your empire in states (maybe as a product of a tech, like federalism). the state would be four or five cities, bound together (the sum total of their cultural influence would determine the border), with a designated capitol. the border would have to continuous. this state capitol help off-set corruption, and it allows you to bring up an in depth menu for the cities in that state. so rather micromanaging on 6 different city screen, you could micromanage all six cities (and indeed the state itself) from the state screen.
              please lay off. i'm new.

Comment

Originally posted by skycommando
                i am sure this has been addressed elsewhere, but it is relevant to this topic as well. i like the idea of being able to subdivide your empire in states (maybe as a product of a tech, like federalism). the state would be four or five cities, bound together (the sum total of their cultural influence would determine the border), with a designated capitol. the border would have to continuous. this state capitol help off-set corruption, and it allows you to bring up an in depth menu for the cities in that state. so rather micromanaging on 6 different city screen, you could micromanage all six cities (and indeed the state itself) from the state screen.
                I like! For example, say a few of my cities boarder the Persians, I would put them into one or two states and have them specialize in pumping out defensive units to keep the Immortals away.

Comment

Assign some of your workers to regions, if we still have the Civ3 worker system, and have the regional menu govern the workers (or public works).

Comment

How about using the same buttons that control the workers be used for city improvements and tile improvements, etc...

Each button opens another seriers of buttons. The mini map could turn into the que list?

And maybe a tile que, hold down the shift key and click in order of the tiles with the same improvement?

I am working on an example. Hope to upload soon.
                    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

I would like to see some automation of tile usage placement. I think the easiest thing would be three sliders - growth,production,commerce. If you peg the production slider, it uses the tiles that will produce whatever is in your que in the shortest time. This includes knowing when to work a food tile so that the city will grow and be able to work 2 production tiles. That's the sort of micromanagement that, though I am capable of doing, I find extremely tedious.

The sliders could have a green/yellow/red range such that if all the sliders are in the green, the city never starves. But if you put the production slider into the yellow, you're saying that you're willing to let some population starve by working only production tiles if it will get it done faster. Red means that you'd even be willing to Pop Rush, or Pay Rush the production.

Comment

WARNING....Ugly art

here is my basic thought

U=units
                        W=wonders...blah, blah
                        Attached Files

Comment

if we can build same unit or buiding in different city(group of city , region or all) just by clicking 1 or 2 times it could be great (like CTP2 by example)

Comment

and if we can build sub-marine city or city in the sea like new-york or venice ??
                            and why not city in the sky
                            or city under the hill (oups if i continue like this i come to play at middle of earth)

Comment

In the process of taking the responsibilties of this thread

bear with me....

(thought this would be appropiate)

Comment

Working...
                              X